Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Celebrating Bin Ladens Death?

As most of you know President Obama announced a couple days ago that Osama Bin Laden had been killed. Since then you have seen on the news, facebook, articles, twitter, etc and have seen that MANY people have been celebrating his death. I sit back and think, WHO DOES THAT?? Who celebrates the death of another person. Grant it, he was a pretty bad person form what we all have seen and heard. But, to actually celebrate his death? I know its sounds a little cliche but What Would Jesus Do? If you are religious, what part of any of your religion condones celebrating another man or woman's death? I like this quote from Martin Luther King Jr. :

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." — Martin Luther King Jr

I feel the same way. I will not rejoice in another persons death. Not to contradict myself. I am not going to say that I am happy he is not alive , but I think the world is a safer place now that he is not here. I feel sad for the people who lost family and friends in 9/11, but celebrating this mans death does not make you any better. Its just not right. Of course this is my own opinion but its something to think about. Don't make yourselves lower then others who have hate within them.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. I got a little chewed out on Facebook for posting my opinion, I was shocked!

    ReplyDelete