Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lying Awake, thinkin about what it.....

Im up for the 2nd night in a row and cant sleep. One cause my youngest seems to have a fever, so i gave him some medicine and, thank goodness, he is sleeping sound now! Two cause Im still in pain from moving and packing up my house! :-) So i decided to hop on here cause I was thinking about alot of stuff....I look at my kids and think about how blessed I am to have them in my life. I got married and started having kids at 19. Some people think thats too young, others think its great to start when your young so you can grow up wit ur children. Me, I think a little bit of both. Sometimes instead of feeling like a mother I feel like one of my kids at times. I have been so many places, done alot of things, and experienced alot growing up. But sometimes i feel as if there is a whole part of my life that i missed. But that road I didnt take, was it really necessary?! And who knows what kind of path i would have taken if I hadnt had my first son or I hadnt chosen to get married. Im always afraid that a part of me will just break out and go crazy teenager on myself, but I keep myself togetherz, try to atleast. I dont think it hurts to go out with the girls every now and then or with friends and go dancing and movies and things like that. Others have a different opinion on that, some think im selfish for wanting a social life outside my houshold. So what do I do about it? Hmmm...I try to utilize time for me to have "mommy" time at home..but have no clue what to do half the time, so my "mommy" time consist of just sitting on my couch staring at the wall...besides cleaning my house! :-) So my suggestion to others that seem to go thru this weird dilema im going thru...Find balance! Because without balance in your life the scale will lean to much to one side and you will lose yourself!So im gonna try to find balance, in my marriage, in my life, and especially within myself.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tat I hope your "mommy" time can evolve to something more than you staring at walls or cleaning. I don't have kids so though I try with my sister and my friends to understand what they go through with finding time for thermselves while also being all the things that they are to their family...I know I won't possibly be able to fully understand the depths of the many roles you play and the responsiblility of it....but know you have people around that care for you. Just give the kids a minute to get use to me girl and I am there to babysit while you guys take some much needed couple time. And as far as the journey your on...I've been doing the "what if" game for a few months and let me tell you that was a few months I wasted...we are where we are and we chose what we chose...the key now is exactly what you were talking about...finding the balance in everything and learning to love the journey we are on..it already sounds like you are well on your way. I know I probably sound like a broken record ...But please let me know if there is anything I can help with....even if it's a 4:00am trip to Dennys :) Much Love, Sue

    ReplyDelete