Wednesday, May 5, 2010

When will my past end and my future begin?


So I have been battling on how to let go of things, events, people, memories, etc. from my past and continue to move on with my life from this day on. I can't explain how hard it is to let go of someone that I constantly see on a daily basis. I may not interact or talk to that person. Not anymore at least. I would like to say that we were as close as best friends. More like we were siblings. Then a series of events changed things between us slowly. Then one day it was all gone. No friend. No sibling. No Love. So how do I move on? I think to myself to concentrate on my kids needs, my needs, and my husbands needs. I think I have done well for myself so far. But its always that hour or so in between the morning and night that I see that face and everything comes rushing back. And then i found this quote;
"Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are." Bernice Johnson Reagon
I am not gonna let this challenge of mine take over my life. I will overcome the deceitful words and actions towards me and find the reason behind why this happened. I will move on my my family and make the most of my life without anyone to hold back my hope and aspirations to be a better me.

1 comment:

  1. TAT!! It's been awhile.. I'm sad to see that you are going through something so difficult. It's hard to let go of soemthing like a friend or relationship especially because we invest so much in them and they have become apart of our heart. You feel a loss and a hole in your heart where this relationship was...there is no easy fix unfortunately. Time and surrounding yourself with positive people that will uplift you and appreciate your friendship is the key. Of course prayer always helps...if anyone knows our pain...the man upstairs does. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.

    ReplyDelete